Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Process Shepherd, operating as the data controller, is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data. Our full identity information is as follows:
Company Name: Process Shepherd LLC
Registered Address: Suite B 8 The Green Dover DE 19901, USA
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www. processshepherd.com
Process Shepherd prioritizes the protection of personal data and privacy. We are committed to working with transparency and adhering to the Regulations.
Our processing of personal data adheres to all relevant national and European laws and regulations, including the GDPR, the European Directive, and applicable guidelines, opinions, recommendations, and certifications.
Personal Data Processing by Process Shepherd
For queries about Customer Data handling, contact the person or entity who engaged us to process the data. Customers control the personal data, security settings, access controls, and data retention in these scenarios. Still, we’ll help address your concerns, aligned with our contract terms.
Process Shepherd engages in three types of personal data processing:
1) Personal Data Processing as Data Controller
If you are a client of Process Shepherd or have a commercial relationship with us, we may collect and process personal data of your employees, collaborators, service providers, or platform users (such as name, first name(s), business email address, telephone number, status within the client’s company, and browsing data) for the following purposes:
- Managing platform user access: based on the execution of the contract between Process Shepherd and you.
- Managing client relationships: including contracts, invoicing, loyalty programs, after-sales service, user assistance, satisfaction surveys, management of unpaid invoices, etc., in compliance with legal obligations.
- Sending newsletters: based on Process Shepherd’s legitimate interest in maintaining a commercial relationship.
- Managing requests for access, rectification, and opposition rights: in compliance with legal obligations.
- Communicating about your account, activities, policy changes, and processing your payment methods.
- Providing advertising, analytics, marketing services, and allowing event registration.
- Detecting security incidents, preventing fraud, conducting technological research, and improving our services.
Your personal data is stored by our services for the necessary duration, which is typically two (2) years from the end of the contractual relationship or for the applicable statute of limitations regarding legal obligations. Guides created by users can be retained even after their account deletion without retaining personal data.
Process Shepherd only discloses your personal data to authorized recipients within our commercial, accounting, and marketing departments, as well as data processors, to fulfill their designated tasks.
2) When you access a client’s guide
Process Shepherd may process anonymized data on its own behalf for data science purposes, ensuring the proper execution of the services provided. Anonymized data processed in this manner is retained for one (1) year.
Process Shepherd only discloses anonymized data to authorized recipients within our commercial and marketing departments, as well as data processors, as required for their tasks.
3) When you or your employer are prospects of Process Shepherd or visit our website
you may provide your name, first name(s), email address, browsing data, etc., to subscribe to our newsletter, request information about our services, or authorize the placement of cookies on your device.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- Subscription to our newsletter: based on Process Shepherd’s legitimate interest in initiating a commercial relationship.
- Managing requests for access, rectification, and opposition rights.
Personal data processed for newsletter purposes is retained until you unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in each newsletter. Personal data processed for targeted advertising is retained for one (1) year.
Process Shepherd only discloses your personal data to authorized recipients within our sales, accounting, and marketing departments, as well as data processors, as necessary to fulfill their tasks.
Personal Data Processing as Data Processor:
When acting as a data processor, Process Shepherd processes personal data on behalf and under the instructions of our clients.
Within our knowledge-sharing activities, we process personal data (such as browsing data, IP addresses, and data entered in guide fields) to enable our clients to efficiently utilize our products. Please refer to the privacy policies of relevant content editors for information on their data processing methods.
Cookies Usage and Management
Our cookies include:
- User preferences and authentication cookies: to identify unique users, enable sign-up, and register preferences.
- Targeted advertising cookies: to optimize advertisements on our website based on your interests and limit repetitive ads.
- Statistical cookies: to establish website traffic statistics and detect browsing issues for quality monitoring and improvement.
You can set your browser preferences to manage cookies, including refusal of certain cookies. We provide an interface through our cookie banner to express and modify your preferences upon initial connection to the website or after deleting cookies.
Disabling targeted advertising and statistical cookies may impact the relevance of advertisements and the inclusion of your visit in our traffic measurement tools. Personal data collected via cookies is retained for one (1) year.
Requirements for Third-Party Recipients
We request that recipients of your personal data comply with the Regulations and ensure the confidentiality of your information.
Personal Data Transfers outside the European Union
Process Shepherd may transfer personal data to data processors located outside the European Union. In such cases, we take necessary measures with our data processors and partners to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with the Regulations. This includes selecting processors and partners located in countries with adequate protection levels, adherence to the Privacy Shield (for transfers to the United States), or implementation of standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission through contractual agreements.
To safeguard your personal data, Process Shepherd implements appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to prevent alteration, loss, or unauthorized access. These measures include strict access control, regular data verifications, security instructions for authorized personnel, secure data center hosting, database access traceability, two-factor authentication, and data encryption.
Your Rights and Exercising Them
As the data controller, Process Shepherd respects your rights as outlined in the Regulations:
- Right to access and be informed: You have the right to access concise, transparent, and easily understandable information about the processing of your personal data. You can obtain confirmation of whether or not your personal data is being processed and request access to and a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectify: You can request the rectification or completion of any incomplete or inaccurate personal data.
- Right to erasure: In certain cases, you can request the erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”). However, Process Shepherd may have legal or legitimate reasons to retain your personal data in specific circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: In specific cases specified in Article 18 of the GDPR, you can request the restriction of processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and transmit it to another recipient without hindrance, where the processing is based on consent or a contract and performed by automated means.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal data based on Process Shepherd’s legitimate interests. We will cease processing unless there are compelling legitimate grounds. You also have the right to object to personal data processing for direct marketing purposes and unsubscribe from our newsletter using the “Unsubscribe” link.
- Right to provide instructions on data handling after death: You can provide general or specific instructions regarding the retention, deletion, or communication of your personal data after your death. General instructions can be transmitted to a trusted third party certified by the relevant authority, while specific instructions can be sent directly to Process Shepherd.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If necessary, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
For exercising your rights or obtaining additional information, you can contact Process Shepherd:
We will complete the request within one (1) month after receiving it, accompanied by a copy of a signed proof of your identity and any other necessary information to confirm your identity and process your request.